Triputra Agro Persada Group (TAP)
Triputra Agro Persada Group (TAP) is a privately owned Indonesian Palm Oil and rubber Plantation company headquartered in Jakarta, Indonesia. They have been a member of RSPO since 2007 and their membership profile can be found here. TAP also has a corporate website which can be found here.
1) Chain Reaction Research report titled, “Comprehensive Risk Analysis: Triputra Agro Persada” (21 May 2015)
2) Mighty Earth report titled, “Rapid Response Report 12” (30 January 2019) sent to us via email.
3) Mighty Earth report titled, “Rapid Response Report 17” (18 July 2019)
(1) Chain Reaction Research published a report on alleged issues in their operations, deforestation, Peatland development and conflicts with local communities. The report also highlighted TAP’s lack of transparency, as they have not published an Annual Report or Sustainability Report since 2012.
(2) Alleged deforestation by PT Dwiwira Lestari Jaya, where a total of 56 hectares of forest were cleared in Berau Regency, East Kalimantan province between 23 November 2018 to 12 January 2019.
(3) The report alleged that 167 ha of forest were prepared for clearance in PT. Putra Katingan Pratama (PT. PKP), part of the Kirana Megatara Group, between 22 September 2018 – 05 July 2019.
The report further alleged supply linkages between Kirana Megatara and TAP subsidiaries.
We are currently engaging with TAP and are seeking clarification from them with regards to the allegations made in the report from Mighty Earth.
We held a meeting with the management of Triputra to further discuss on the allegations made against them in clearing 56 hectares of HCV areas. Triputra was very transparent and open throughout the meeting, providing data and clarifying the points raised in the Mighty Earth report.
They have conducted their HCV and HCS assessments, which followed all the guidelines and requirements then. Their HCV assessment was conducted in February 2014 by an independent Assessor, Bioref IPB, and an HCSA assessment was also conducted in August 2016 by the same independent assessor.
We encouraged Triputra to submit their HCSA reports for HCSA quality review and complete the process by making the summary of the HCSA report publicly available on the HCSA website. Triputra has agreed to conduct the process of quality review.
We will continue to follow up on the progress, as this forms the basis of our ongoing engagement with them and will help guide the actions that need to be undertaken by Triputra.
Musim Mas has no business relations with Kirana Megatara Group and PT Putra Katingan Pratama.
However, as we have trade relations with TAP, we reached out to them to clarify the business relations between PT Putra Katingan Pratama and TAP as highlighted in the Mighty Earth Report 17.
We had a physical meeting with TAP on 08 August 2019. TAP clarified that PT Putra Katingan Pratama is a rubber Plantation . TAP informed that it does not have any business relations with PT Putra Katingan Pratama, and that TAP and PT PKP are two separate business entities.
We noticed that PT Dwiwira Lestari Jaya have completed the HCSA peer view. Results of the review can be found here.