Tradewinds Plantation Sdn Bhd
(1) The report alleged deforestation of 65 hectares of forests by PT Kurun Sumber Rezeki (PT KSR) between 20 February – 08 July 2019. It states that PT KSR was a joint venture between Jhonlin Group and CB Industrial Product Holding Bhd, (CBIP Group).
The report alleged joint venture linkages, namely Solar Green Sdn Bhd and Kumpulan Kris Jati Sdn Bhd, between CBIP Group and Tradewinds Plantation Berhad.
(2) The report indicates Trans Kenyaland Sdn Bhd has developed 94 hectares of peat forests from 22 November 2018 – 09 July 2019.
Musim Mas does not have any business relations with CBIP and PT. Kurun Sumber Rezeki. However, as we have trade relations with Tradewinds Plantation , we reached out to them to clarify the allegations made in the Mighty Earth report.
Once Mighty Earth RRR18 was released, we reached out to Tradewinds Plantation to clarify on the allegations made on Trans Kenyaland Sdn Bhd (TKSB).
Tradewinds Plantations responded with an official letter on the following points, signed by the company’s director.
- Tradewinds clarified that it does not have any management control over PT KSR and CBIP and therefore, not able to control the activities by CBIP in PT KSR.
- Tradewinds hold 70% share in Kumpulan Kris Jati Sdn Bhd (KKJ) and 50% direct shares in Solar Green. Both companies are fully managed by Tradewinds and does not have management control over CBIP and vice versa.
- Tradewinds Plantation Berhad further emphasized that Tradewinds Plantation Berhad and CBIP are two separate legal entities. Neither has direct shares or management control over the other.
Tradewinds followed up promptly with their clarification by the company’s director in a letter.
Tradewinds Plantation Berhad clarified that the alleged land development took place outside TKSB’s area (which consists of Lingga 1 and Lingga 2 estates) and provided supporting evidence based on a Land Use Change Analysis (LUCA) document which was internally verified and confirmed by Musim Mas that the clearing was outside the two estates.